- A creative contest: what is an Edible Book?
The only rule is to make edible art that has something to do with books.
Contest Categories for 2018
won by popular vote and awarded appropriate books
Logan Award for Most Literary
Otis Award for Most Appetizing
Strong Award for Best Binding
Zober Award for Best Pun
- Why you, of course. Everyone is invited to participate, and entries of Edible Books are highly encouraged. Booklovers, bookbinders, cooks, and craftspeople of all ages are invited to participate. Actual books displayed with the edible entry are also encouraged.
- The International Edible Books Festival started in 2000 and has been gaining popularity each year. Loganberry Books and Strong Bindery have sponsored the Cleveland event since 2004 and give out hand-made miniature book pins to all contest entrants and book awards to contest winners. All entries are also pictured on Loganberry's website, which is linked to the International website. (There's talk of compiling some of these pictures into a book!) Why do we do all this? Because it's a lot of fun.
- Loganberry Books and Strong Bindery
13015 Larchmere Boulevard, Shaker Heights, OH 44120 USA
- Every year on the first Saturday of April, in honor of April Fool's Day and the birthday of French gastronome Jean-Anthelme Brillat-Savarin (1755-1826), famous for his book Physiologie du goût.
Saturday, April 7, 201812:00 set-up begins
1:00 viewing and voting
2:00 awards announced and books consumed
- Create something book related, making sure all parts are edible. Corresponding books as part of your display are also encouraged. Please register your entry ahead of time by calling 216.795.9800 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
There is no fee for participation and viewing of the Edible Books.
All contest entrants receive a handmade miniature book pin and photos of their entry on this website.
$3 fee for voting and eating of the Edible Books.
- The International Edible Books Festival
Edible Books Archives