- A creative contest: what is an Edible Book?
The only rule is to make edible art that has something to do with books.
- Every year on the first Saturday of April, in honor of April Fool's Day and the birthday of French gastronome Jean-Anthelme Brillat-Savarin (1755-1826), famous for his book Physiologie du goût.
Saturday, April 4, 202003/28 Registration opens online
04/04 1:00 PM Voting Begins
04/05 1:00 PM Awards announced (View awards and entries)
- Contest Categories for 2020
won by popular vote and awarded appropriate books or gift certificates
Logan Award for Most Literary
Otis Award for Most Appetizing
Strong Award for Best Binding
Zober Award for Best Pun
- Why you, of course. Everyone is invited to participate, and entries of Edible Books are highly encouraged. Booklovers, bookbinders, cooks, and craftspeople of all ages are invited to participate. Actual books displayed with the edible entry are also encouraged.
- The International Edible Books Festival started in 2000 and has been gaining popularity each year. Loganberry Books and Strong Bindery have sponsored the Cleveland event since 2004 and give out hand-made miniature book pins to all contest entrants and book awards to contest winners. All entries are also pictured on Loganberry's website, which is linked to the International website. Why do we do all this? Because it's a lot of fun.
- Loganberry Books and Strong Bindery
13015 Larchmere Boulevard, Shaker Heights, OH 44120 USA
- Create something book related, making sure all parts are edible. Please register your entry online https://form.jotform.com/loganberrybooks/edible-books-festival-entry-form. The form will ask for your name, town, title of entry, book inspiration, ingredients, photos (one with creator(s), one close-up), and voting category.
There is no fee for participation or voting on the Edible Books.
This year, we encourage donations to help keep us afloat during our coronavirus closure, and a portion of those donations will be shared with The Cleveland Food Bank. Thanks!
- The International Edible Books Festival
Edible Books Archives